Monday, March 7, 2022

 Millie Wyatt Candidate Number: 1874

Claremont Fan Court School: 64680

My brief was a film opening task. I had to produce the titles and opening of a new fiction film which can last a maximum of 2 minutes.

My Film Opening:


My production team consists of Ellie Smart: 1859 , Jess Foster: 1820 and Charlotte Coppellotti: 1812

The title of our film opening is 'Camera-shy'. It is a thriller film. Camera-shy explores the life of a young woman Sarah and the talents she has which lead to the jealousy of her friends. The jealousy extends to stalking and we follow the photos being taken as well as the fear that Sarah experiences.

We all shared the responsibilities in our group. I started off the editing and got to grips with Final Cut Pro. I also imported the music for the backing track. I helped with the camera work as I had worked a Canon camera previously and so knew what to do. 

Our production can be found on Youtube and the link is below: 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z_jy85oI_WA

My main contributions to our project were in editing and directing although everyone in my group contributed to each element of the project.

Camera Work:

We used a mixture of our iPhone cameras as well as the Canon cameras which were offered to us by the school. We all used our phones to film at one-point weather it was for our actual footage or our behind the scenes construction shots. Ellie filmed mainly as Jess and Charlotte were acting and I was doing some directing. I used the camera quite a lot as I had used them before with my mum and brother. Everyone was able to get to grips with the different camera settings. We were then comfortable with the filming and so could experiment with different camera angles and shot-types with changes in lighting affecting our angles.

Directing:

I contributed to the directing when I was behind the camera by making prop placement suggestions as well as acting encouragement. We all did this but Jess took the main directing role as she has worked in many school productions and so has more acting knowledge and experience. I used my enthusiasm for editing to fuel my directing as I had many suggestions that I could then edit together. A strength of our group was that we all had directing contributions to make.

Editing:

I took the main responsibility for the editing of our film. I used Final Cut Pro and iMovie to do this. I took our film footage from the Canon 650D camera and uploaded it to our Mac computer at school. I imported voice memos and recordings to accompany our footage with music and dialogue. I was able to use the blade tool to cut and fit our footage as well as the volume and colour wash tools to edit the appearence of images and videos. A challenge that we faced with editing was making sure that our table-top scene was filmed successfully as we did not want to edit this to give it a continuous flow.


No comments:

Post a Comment

 Millie Wyatt Candidate Number:   1874 Claremont Fan Court School:   64680 My brief was a film opening task. I had to produce the titles and...